Meaning of supreme
Pronunciation: (su-prēm', soo-), [key]
- highest in rank or authority; paramount; sovereign; chief.
- of the highest quality, degree, character, importance, etc.: supreme courage.
- greatest, utmost, or extreme: supreme disgust.
- last or final; ultimate.
Pronunciation: (su-prēm', -prām', soo-), [key]
- suprême (def. 3).
Pronunciation: (su-prēm', -prām', soo- Fr. sy-prem'), [key]
- Also calleda velouté made with a rich chicken stock.
- a dish prepared or served with this sauce, esp. boned chicken breast.
- a bowl or the like designed for the serving of cold foods in an inner container that is nestled in cracked ice.
- a dessert or appetizer served in such a container.
- supreme (Thesaurus)