subtlety: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sut'l-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the state or quality of being subtle.
- delicacy or nicety of character or meaning.
- acuteness or penetration of mind; delicacy of discrimination.
- a fine-drawn distinction; refinement of reasoning: the subtleties of logic.
- something subtle.
- an elaborate confection, ornate in construction and ornamentation, sometimes edible but more often made and used as a decoration for a table or buffet.
- subtlety (Thesaurus)