Meaning of stuff
Pronunciation: (stuf), [key]
- to fill (a receptacle), esp. by packing the contents closely together; cram full.
- to fill (an aperture, cavity, etc.) by forcing something into it.
- to fill or line with some kind of material as a padding or packing.
- to fill or cram (oneself, one's stomach, etc.) with food.
- to fill (meat, vegetables, etc.) with seasoned bread crumbs or other savory matter.
- to fill the preserved skin of (a dead animal) with material, retaining its natural form and appearance for display.
- to put fraudulent votes into (a ballot box).
- to thrust or cram (something) into a receptacle, cavity, or the like.
- to pack tightly in a confined place; crowd together.
- to crowd (a vehicle, room, etc.) with persons.
- to clutter or fill (the mind) with facts, details, etc.
- (in leather manufacturing) to treat (a skin, hide, etc.) with a composition of tallow and other ingredients.
- to stop up or plug; block or choke (usually fol. by up).
- to cram oneself with food; eat gluttonously; gorge.
- stuff (Thesaurus)