strop: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (strop), [key]
— n., v., stropped, strop•ping.
- any of several devices for sharpening razors, esp. a strip of leather or other flexible material.
- a rope or a band of metal surrounding and supporting a block, deadeye, etc.
- a metal band surrounding the pulley of a block to transmit the load on the pulley to its hook or shackle.
- a rope sling, as for handling cargo.
- a ring or grommet of rope.
- to sharpen on or as if on a strop.
- strop (Thesaurus)