stink: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (stingk), [key]
— v., n. stank stunk stunk stink&syling
- to emit a strong offensive smell.
- to be offensive to honesty or propriety; to be in extremely bad repute or disfavor.
- to be disgustingly inferior: That book stinks.
- to have a large quantity of something (usually fol. by of or with): They stink of money. She stinks with jewelry.
- to cause to stink or be otherwise offensive (often fol. by up): an amateurish performance that really stank up the stage.
- to repel or drive out by means of a highly offensive smell.
- a strong offensive smell; stench.
- an unpleasant fuss; scandal: There was a big stink about his accepting a bribe.
- chemistry as a course of study.
- stink (Thesaurus)