stark: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (stärk), [key]
— adj., adv. -er, -est,
- sheer, utter, downright, or complete: stark madness.
- harsh, grim, or desolate, as a view, place, etc.: a stark landscape.
- extremely simple or severe: a stark interior.
- bluntly or sternly plain; not softened or glamorized: the stark reality of the schedule's deadline.
- stiff or rigid in substance, muscles, etc.
- rigid in death.
- strong; powerful; massive or robust.
- utterly, absolutely, or quite: stark mad.
- in a stark manner; stoutly or vigorously.
Pronunciation: (stärk for 2 also Ger. shtärk), [key]
- 1880–1972, U.S. admiral.
- 1874–1957, German physicist: Nobel prize 1919.
- 1728–1822, American Revolutionary War general.
- stark (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.