stag: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (stag), [key]
— n., v., adj., adv. stagged, stag•ging,
- an adult male deer.
- the male of various other animals.
- a man who attends a social gathering unaccompanied by a woman.
- a swine or bull castrated after maturation of the sex organs.
- a speculator who buys securities of a new issue in the hope of selling them quickly at a higher price.
- (of a man) to attend a social function without a female companion.
- of or for men only: a stag dinner.
- intended for male audiences and usually pornographic in content: a stag show.
- without a companion or date: to go stag to a dance.
- stag (Thesaurus)