spurt: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (spûrt), [key]
- to gush or issue suddenly in a stream or jet, as a liquid; spout.
- to show marked, usually increased, activity or energy for a short period: The runners spurted forward in the last lap of the race.
- to expel or force out suddenly in a stream or jet, as a liquid; spout.
- a sudden, forceful gush or jet.
- a marked increase of effort for a short period or distance, as in running, rowing, etc.
- a sudden burst or outburst, as of activity, energy, or feeling.
- spurt (Thesaurus)