Meaning of spontaneous
Pronunciation: (spon-tā'nē-us), [key]
- coming or resulting from a natural impulse or tendency; without effort or premeditation; natural and unconstrained; unplanned: a spontaneous burst of applause.
- (of a person) given to acting upon sudden impulses.
- (of natural phenomena) arising from internal forces or causes; independent of external agencies; self-acting.
- growing naturally or without cultivation, as plants and fruits; indigenous.
- produced by natural process.
- spontaneous (Thesaurus)