splint: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (splint), [key]
- a thin piece of wood or other rigid material used to immobilize a fractured or dislocated bone, or to maintain any part of the body in a fixed position.
- one of a number of thin strips of wood woven together to make a chair seat, basket, etc.
- an exostosis or bony enlargement of a splint bone of a horse or a related animal.
- any of a number of narrow plates or lames joined with rivets or a backing to form a piece of armor.
- a partial vambrace protecting only the outer part of the arm.
- a splinter of wood or stone.
- to secure, hold in position, or support by means of a splint or splints, as a fractured bone.
- to support as if with splints.
- splint (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.