Meaning of Spanish American
- a person of Latin-American descent living in the U.S.
- a person of Spanish descent living in the U.S.
- a native or inhabitant of a Spanish-American country.
Pronunciation: (span'ish-u-mer'i-kun), [key]
- noting or pertaining to the parts of America where Spanish is the prevailing language.
- pertaining to Spain and America, sometimes to Spain and the United States: an example of Spanish-American cooperation.
- of or pertaining to the natives or inhabitants of Spanish America, esp. those of Spanish descent.
- of or pertaining to persons of Latin-American descent living in the U.S.
- of or pertaining to persons of Spanish descent living in the U.S.