Meaning of souffle
Pronunciation: (s'ful), [key]
— n. Pathol.
- a murmuring or blowing sound heard on auscultation.
Pronunciation: (s-flā', s'flā), [key]
— n., adj., v., -fléed, -flé•ing.
- a light baked dish made fluffy with beaten egg whites combined with egg yolks, white sauce, and fish, cheese, or other ingredients.
- a similar dish made with fruit juices, chocolate, vanilla, etc., and served as dessert.
- puffed up; made light, as by beating and cooking.
- to make (food) puffed up and light, as by beating and cooking, adding stiffly beaten egg whites, etc.; make resemble a soufflé: to soufflé leftover mashed potatoes.
- souffle (Thesaurus)