Meaning of soon
Pronunciation: (sn), [key]
— -er, -est.
- within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.
- before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.
- promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.
- readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.
- early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.
- immediately; at once; forthwith.
- to prefer to:Cf.(def. 7). I would sooner not go to their party.
- eventually: Sooner or later his luck will run out.
- soon (Thesaurus)