Meaning of son
Pronunciation: (sun), [key]
- a male child or person in relation to his parents.
- a male child or person adopted as a son; a person in the legal position of a son.
- any male descendant: a son of the Aztecs.
- a son-in-law.
- a person related as if by ties of sonship.
- a male person looked upon as the product or result of particular agencies, forces, influences, etc.: a true son of the soil.
- a familiar term of address to a man or boy from an older person, an ecclesiastic, etc.
- the second person of the Trinity; Jesus Christ.
- var. ofbefore a vowel: sonance.
- son (Thesaurus)