Meaning of solar
Pronunciation: (sō'lur), [key]
- of or pertaining to the sun: solar phenomena.
- determined by the sun: solar hour.
- proceeding from the sun, as light or heat.
- utilizing, operated by, or depending on solar energy: a solar building; a solar stove.
- indicating time by means of or with reference to the sun: a solar chronometer.
- manufacturing or providing solar power: the solar industry.
- subject to the influence of the sun.
Pronunciation: (sol'ur, sō'lur), [key]
- a private or upper chamber in a medieval English house.
- solar (Thesaurus)