Meaning of sloppy
Pronunciation: (slop'ē), [key]
— -pi•er, -pi•est.
- muddy, slushy, or very wet: The field was a sloppy mess after the rain.
- splashed or soiled with liquid.
- careless; loose: sloppy writing.
- untidy; slovenly: sloppy clothes; a sloppy eater.
- overly emotional; gushy: sloppy sentimentality.
- (of food or drink) prepared or served in an unappetizing way.
- (of clothes) loose-fitting; baggy: a big, sloppy sweater.
- (of the surface of a racetrack) wet from a recent or continuing heavy rain and containing puddles and mud still too thin and watery to be sticky.
- sloppy (Thesaurus)