slippery: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (slip'u-rē, slip'rē), [key]
— -per•i•er, -per•i•est.
- tending or liable to cause slipping or sliding, as ice, oil, a wet surface, etc.: a slippery road.
- tending to slip from the hold or grasp or from position: a slippery rope.
- likely to slip away or escape: slippery prospects.
- not to be depended on; fickle; shifty, tricky, or deceitful.
- unstable or insecure, as conditions: a slippery situation.
- slippery (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.