Meaning of sit-down
Pronunciation: (sit'doun"), [key]
- done or accomplished while sitting down: sit-down meetings between the two party leaders.
- (of a meal or food) served to or intended for persons seated at a table: a sit-down dinner.
- a period or instance of sitting, as to relax, talk, or the like: They had a profitable sit-down together.
- a protest demonstration whereby participants refuse to move from a public place.
- a meal, esp. a dinner, served to persons who are seated at a table.
- sit-down (Thesaurus)