sickly: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sik'lē), [key]
— adj., adv., v., -li•er, -li•est, -lied, -ly•ing.
- not strong; unhealthy; ailing.
- of, connected with, or arising from ill health: a sickly complexion.
- marked by the prevalence of ill health, as a region: the epidemic left the town sickly.
- causing sickness.
- maudlin and insipid; mawkish: sickly sentimentality.
- faint or feeble, as light or color.
- in a sick or sickly manner.
- to cover with a sickly hue.
- sickly (Thesaurus)