shutter: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (shut'ur), [key]
- a solid or louvered movable cover for a window.
- a movable cover, slide, etc., for an opening.
- a person or thing that shuts.
- a mechanical device for opening and closing the aperture of a camera lens to expose film or the like.
- to close or provide with shutters: She shuttered the windows.
- to close (a store or business operations) for the day or permanently.
- to close or close down: The factory has shuttered temporarily.
- shutter (Thesaurus)