shriek: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (shrēk), [key]
- a loud, sharp, shrill cry.
- a loud, high sound of laughter.
- any loud, shrill sound, as of a whistle.
- to utter a loud, sharp, shrill cry, as birds.
- to cry out sharply in a high voice: to shriek with pain.
- to utter loud, high-pitched sounds in laughing.
- (of a musical instrument, a whistle, the wind, etc.) to give forth a loud, shrill sound.
- to utter in a shriek: to shriek defiance.
- shriek (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.