sheathe: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (shē), [key]
— sheathed, sheath•ing.
- to put (a sword, dagger, etc.) into a sheath.
- to plunge (a sword, dagger, etc.) in something as if in a sheath.
- to enclose in or as if in a casing or covering.
- to cover or provide with a protective layer or sheathing: to sheathe a roof with copper.
- to cover (a cable, electrical connector, etc.) with a metal sheath for grounding.
- sheathe (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.