shallow: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (shal'ō), [key]
— adj., n., adv., v. -er, -est,
- of little depth; not deep: shallow water.
- lacking depth; superficial: a mind that is not narrow but shallow.
- taking in a relatively small amount of air in each inhalation: shallow breathing.
- relatively close to home plate: The shortstop caught the pop fly in shallow left field.
- Usually, a shallow part of a body of water; shoal.
- at a shallow position: With the pitcher up, the outfielders played shallow.
- to make or become shallow.
- shallow (Thesaurus)