Meaning of seventy
Pronunciation: (sev'un-tē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ties,
- a cardinal number, 10 times 7.
- a symbol for this number, as 70 or LXX.
- a set of this many persons or things.
- the numbers, years, degrees, or the like from 70 through 79, as in referring to numbered streets, indicating the years of a lifetime or of a century, or referring to degrees of temperature: They live in the Seventies. His uncle is in his early seventies. It was in the seventies yesterday.
- the body of scholars who produced the Septuagint.
- amounting to 70 in number.
- seventy (Thesaurus)