sentiment: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sen'tu-munt), [key]
- an attitude toward something; regard; opinion.
- a mental feeling; emotion: a sentiment of pity.
- refined or tender emotion; manifestation of the higher or more refined feelings.
- exhibition or manifestation of feeling or sensibility, or appeal to the tender emotions, in literature, art, or music.
- a thought influenced by or proceeding from feeling or emotion.
- the thought or feeling intended to be conveyed by words, acts, or gestures as distinguished from the words, acts, or gestures themselves.
- sentiment (Thesaurus)