Meaning of second hand
Pronunciation: (sek'und hand" for 1 sek'und hand' for 2, 3), [key]
- the hand that indicates the seconds on a clock or watch.
- an assistant or helper, as to a worker or foreman.
- from or through an intermediate source or means; secondhand: She had the news at second hand.
Pronunciation: (sek'und-hand'), [key]
- not directly known or experienced; obtained from others or from books: Most of our knowledge is secondhand.
- previously used or owned: secondhand clothes.
- dealing in previously used goods: a secondhand bookseller.
- after another user or owner: He bought it secondhand.
- indirectly; at second hand: He heard the news secondhand.
- secondhand (Thesaurus)