second class: Meaning and Definition of
- the class of travel accommodations, as on a train, that are less costly and luxurious than first class but are more costly and luxurious than third class. Cf.
- (in the U.S. Postal Service) the class of mail consisting of newspapers and periodicals not sealed against postal inspection.
- the second of three honors degrees conferred by a British university.
Pronunciation: (sek'und-klas', -kläs'), [key]
- of a secondary class or quality.
- second-rate; inferior.
- by second-class mail or passenger accommodations: to travel second-class.