Meaning of scroll
Pronunciation: (skrōl), [key]
- a roll of parchment, paper, copper, or other material, esp. one with writing on it: a scroll containing the entire Old Testament.
- something, esp. an ornament, resembling a partly unrolled sheet of paper or having a spiral or coiled form.
- a list, roll, roster, or schedule.
- (in Japanese and Chinese art) a painting or text on silk or paper that is either displayed on a wallor held by the viewerand is rolled up when not in use. Cf.
- the curved head of a violin or other bowed instrument.
- a note, message, or other piece of writing.
- to cut into a curved form with a narrow-bladed saw.
- to move (text) up, down, or across a display screen, with new text appearing on the screen as old text disappears.
- to move text vertically or horizontally on a display screen in searching for a particular section, line, etc.
- scroll (Thesaurus)