Meaning of saw
— n., v., sawed, sawed sawn, saw•ing.
- a tool or device for cutting, typically a thin blade of metal with a series of sharp teeth.
- any similar tool or device, as a rotating disk, in which a sharp continuous edge replaces the teeth.
- to cut or divide with a saw.
- to form by cutting with a saw.
- to make cutting motions as if using a saw: to saw the air with one's hands.
- to work (something) from side to side like a saw.
- to use a saw.
- to cut with or as if with a saw.
- to cut as a saw does.
- to snore loudly while sleeping.
- pt. of.
- a sententious saying; maxim; proverb: He could muster an old saw for every occasion.
- saw (Thesaurus)