Meaning of savor
Pronunciation: (sā'vur), [key]
- the quality in a substance that affects the sense of taste or of smell.
- a particular taste or smell.
- distinctive quality or property.
- power to excite or interest.
- to have savor, taste, or odor.
- to exhibit the peculiar characteristics; smack (often fol. by of&hasp;): His business practices savor of greed.
- to give a savor to; season; flavor.
- to perceive by taste or smell, esp. with relish: to savor the garden's odors.
- to give oneself to the enjoyment of: to savor the best in life.
- savor (Thesaurus)