saving: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sā'ving), [key]
- tending or serving to save; rescuing; preserving.
- compensating; redeeming: a saving sense of humor.
- thrifty; economical: a saving housekeeper.
- making a reservation: a saving clause.
- a reduction or lessening of expenditure or outlay: a saving of 10 percent.
- something that is saved.
- sums of money saved by economy and laid away.
- a reservation or exception.
- except: Nothing remains saving these ruins.
- with all due respect to or for: saving your presence.
- except; save.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.