sand: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sand), [key]
- to smooth or polish with sand, sandpaper, or some other abrasive: to sand the ends of a board.
- to sprinkle with or as if with sand: to sand an icy road.
- to fill up with sand, as a harbor.
- to add sand to: The mischievous child sanded the sugar.
Pronunciation: (sand Fr. sänd), [key]
- (Lucile Aurore Dupin Dudevant), 1804–76, French novelist.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.