Meaning of safe
Pronunciation: (sāf), [key]
— adj., n. saf•er, saf•est,
- secure from liability to harm, injury, danger, or risk: a safe place.
- free from hurt, injury, danger, or risk: to arrive safe and sound.
- involving little or no risk of mishap, error, etc.: a safe estimate.
- dependable or trustworthy: a safe guide.
- careful to avoid danger or controversy: a safe player; a safe play.
- denied the chance to do harm; in secure custody: a criminal safe in jail.
- safe on the throw to first base.
- reaching base without being put out:safe on the throw to first base.
- making it possible to reach a base:a safe slide.
- a steel or iron box or repository for money, jewels, papers, etc.
- any receptacle or structure for the storage or preservation of articles: a meat safe.
- (in plumbing)
- a pan for catching leakage.
- template (def. 7).
- a condom.
- safe (Thesaurus)