saber: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sā'bur), [key]
- a heavy, one-edged sword, usually slightly curved, used esp. by cavalry.
- a soldier armed with such a sword.
- a sword having two cutting edges and a blunt point.
- the art or sport of fencing with the saber, with the target being limited to the head, trunk, and arms, and hits being made with the front edge and the upper part of the back edge of the sword and by thrusts.
- to strike, wound, or kill with a saber.
- saber (Thesaurus)