Meaning of runway
Pronunciation: (run'wā"), [key]
- a way along which something runs.
- a paved or cleared strip on which planes land and take off.
- a similar strip on which cars, trucks, or the like may park, load, or enter the stream of traffic.
- the beaten track or habitual path of deer or other wild animals.
- a fairly large enclosure in which domestic animals may range about: a runway for dogs.
- the bed of a stream.
- approach (def. 16b).
- a narrow platform or ramp extending from a stage into the orchestra pit or into an aisle, as in a theater.
- runway (Thesaurus)