Meaning of routine
Pronunciation: (r-tēn'), [key]
- a customary or regular course of procedure.
- commonplace tasks, chores, or duties as must be done regularly or at specified intervals; typical or everyday activity: the routine of an office.
- regular, unvarying, habitual, unimaginative, or rote procedure.
- an unvarying and constantly repeated formula, as of speech or action; convenient or predictable response: Don't give me that brotherly-love routine!
- a complete set of coded instructions directing a computer to perform a series of operations.
- a series of operations performed by the computer.
- an individual act, performance, or part of a performance, as a song or dance, given regularly by an entertainer: a comic routine; a dance routine.
- of the nature of, proceeding by, or adhering to routine: routine duties.
- dull or uninteresting; commonplace.
- routine (Thesaurus)