rising: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rī'zing), [key]
- advancing, ascending, or mounting: rising smoke.
- growing or advancing to adult years: the rising generation.
- somewhat more than: The crop came to rising 6000 bushels.
- in approach of; almost; well-nigh: a lad rising sixteen.
- the act of a person or thing that rises.
- an insurrection; rebellion; revolt.
- something that rises; projection or prominence.
- a period of leavening of dough preceding baking.
- a morbid swelling, as an abscess or boil.
- Also calleda stringer supporting the thwarts of an open boat.
- rising (Thesaurus)