revenue: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rev'un-y", -u-n"), [key]
- the income of a government from taxation, excise duties, customs, or other sources, appropriated to the payment of the public expenses.
- the government department charged with the collection of such income.
- the collective items or amounts of income of a person, a state, etc.
- the return or yield from any kind of property, patent, service, etc.; income.
- an amount of money regularly coming in.
- a particular item or source of income.
- revenue (Thesaurus)