restore: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-stôr', -stōr'), [key]
— -stored, -stor•ing.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- to bring back into existence, use, or the like; reestablish: to restore order.
- to bring back to a former, original, or normal condition, as a building, statue, or painting.
- to bring back to a state of health, soundness, or vigor.
- to put back to a former place, or to a former position, rank, etc.: to restore the king to his throne.
- to give back; make return or restitution of (anything taken away or lost).
- to reproduce or reconstruct (an ancient building, extinct animal, etc.) in the original state.