Meaning of re-sign
Pronunciation: (rē-sīn'), [key]
— v.t., v.i.
- to sign again.
- to renew or extend a contract.
Pronunciation: (ri-zīn'), [key]
- to give up an office or position, often formally (often fol. by from): to resign from the presidency.
- to submit; yield: to resign before the inevitable.
- to give up (an office, position, etc.), often formally.
- to relinquish (a right, claim, agreement, etc.).
- to give or sign over, as to the control or care of another: She resigned her child to an adoption agency.
- to submit (oneself, one's mind, etc.) without resistance.
- re-sign (Thesaurus)