request: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-kwest'), [key]
- the act of asking for something to be given or done, esp. as a favor or courtesy; solicitation or petition: At his request, they left.
- an instance of this: There have been many requests for the product.
- a written statement of petition: If you need supplies, send in a request.
- something asked for: to obtain one's request.
- the state of being asked for; demand.
- in response or accession to a request: The orchestra played numbers by request.
- to ask for, esp. politely or formally: He requested permission to speak.
- to ask or beg; bid (usually fol. by a clause or an infinitive): to request that he leave; to request to be excused.
- to ask or beg (someone) to do something: He requested me to go.
- request (Thesaurus)