relic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rel'ik), [key]
- a surviving memorial of something past.
- an object having interest by reason of its age or its association with the past: a museum of historic relics.
- a surviving trace of something: a custom that is a relic of paganism.
- remaining parts or fragments.
- the remains of a deceased person.
- something kept in remembrance; souvenir; memento.
- (esp. in the Roman Catholic and Greek churches) the body, a part of the body, or some personal memorial of a saint, martyr, or other sacred person, preserved as worthy of veneration.
- a once widespread linguistic form that survives in a limited area but is otherwise obsolete.
- relic (Thesaurus)