Meaning of relation
Pronunciation: (ri-lā'shun), [key]
- an existing connection; a significant association between or among things: the relation between cause and effect.
- foreign relations.
- the various connections between peoples, countries, etc.:foreign relations.
- the various connections in which persons are brought together:business and social relations.
- sexual intercourse.
- the mode or kind of connection between one person and another, between an individual and God, etc.
- connection between persons by blood or marriage.
- a person who is related by blood or marriage; relative: his wife's relations.
- the act of relating, narrating, or telling; narration.
- a principle whereby effect is given to an act done at one time as if it had been done at a previous time.
- a property that associates two quantities in a definite order, as equality or inequality.
- a single- or multiple-valued function.
- orwith reference to; concerning: It's best to plan with relation to anticipated changes in one's earnings.
- relation (Thesaurus)