reference: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ref'ur-uns, ref'runs), [key]
— n., v., -enced, -enc•ing.
- an act or instance of referring.
- a mention; allusion.
- something for which a name or designation stands; denotation.
- a direction in a book or writing to some other book, passage, etc.
- a book, passage, etc., to which one is directed.
- See(def. 2).
- material contained in a footnote or bibliography, or referred to by a reference mark.
- use or recourse for purposes of information: a library for public reference.
- a person to whom one refers for testimony as to one's character, abilities, etc.
- a statement, usually written, as to a person's character, abilities, etc.
- relation, regard, or respect: all persons, without reference to age.
- to furnish (a book, dissertation, etc.) with references: Each new volume is thoroughly referenced.
- to arrange (notes, data, etc.) for easy reference: Statistical data is referenced in the glossary.
- to refer to: to reference a file.
- reference (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.