Meaning of reeve
- an administrative officer of a town or district.
- an overseer or superintendent of workers, tenants, or an estate.
- (formerly) a person of high rank representing the crown.
- the presiding officer of a village or town council.
— rove reeved, reev•ing.
- to pass (a rope or the like) through a hole, ring, or the like.
- to fasten by placing through or around something.
- to pass a rope through (the swallow of a block).
- the female of the ruff, Philomachus pugnax. Also called
- reeve (Thesaurus)