recommend: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rek"u-mend'), [key]
- to present as worthy of confidence, acceptance, use, etc.; commend; mention favorably: to recommend an applicant for a job; to recommend a book.
- to represent or urge as advisable or expedient: to recommend caution.
- to advise, as an alternative; suggest (a choice, course of action, etc.) as appropriate, beneficial, or the like: He recommended the blue-plate special. The doctor recommended special exercises for her.
- to make desirable or attractive: a plan that has very little to recommend it.
- to make a recommendation.
- a recommendation.
- recommend (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.