Meaning of razzle-dazzle
Pronunciation: (raz'ul-daz'ul), [key]
— n. Informal.
- showiness, brilliance, or virtuosity in technique or effect, often without concomitant substance or worth; flashy theatricality: The razzle-dazzle of the essay's metaphors cannot disguise its shallowness of thought.
- deceptive action typically consisting of a series of complex maneuvers, as a double reverse or hand-off, usually executed in a flashy manner: a team relying more on power and speed than razzle-dazzle.
- confusion, commotion, or riotous gaiety.
- impressively opulent or decorative, esp. in a new way; showy; flashy; eye-catching: a shopping center lined with razzle-dazzle boutiques.
- energetic, dynamic, or innovative: razzle-dazzle technology; a razzle-dazzle sales pitch.