ramble: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ram'bul), [key]
? v., n. -bled, -bling,
- to wander around in a leisurely, aimless manner: They rambled through the shops until closing time.
- to take a course with many turns or windings, as a stream or path.
- to grow in a random, unsystematic fashion: The vine rambled over the walls and tree trunks.
- to talk or write in a discursive, aimless way (usually fol. by on): The speaker rambled on with anecdote after anecdote.
- to walk aimlessly or idly over or through: They spent the spring afternoon rambling woodland paths.
- a walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure.
- ramble (Thesaurus)