Meaning of quicken
Pronunciation: (kwik'un), [key]
- to make more rapid; accelerate; hasten: She quickened her pace.
- to give or restore vigor or activity to; stir up, rouse, or stimulate: to quicken the imagination.
- to revive; restore life to: The spring rains quickened the earth.
- to become more active, sensitive, etc.: This drug causes the pulse to quicken.
- to become alive; receive life.
- (of the mother) to enter that stage of pregnancy in which the fetus gives indications of life.
- (of a fetus in the womb) to begin to manifest signs of life.
- quicken (Thesaurus)