quadrature: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kwod'ru-chur, -choor"), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- the act of squaring.
- the act or process of finding a square equal in area to a given surface, esp. a surface bounded by a curve.
- the act or process of finding an area or calculating an integral, esp. by numerical methods.
- a definite integral.
- the situation of two heavenly bodies when their longitudes differ by 90°.
- either of the two points in the orbit of a body, as the moon, midway between the syzygies.
- (of the moon) those points or moments at which a half moon is visible.
- the relation between two signals having the same frequency that differ in phase by 90°.